• Provides a forum for coordination between local units of government in the regional transportation planning effort. RPA 14/ATURA (Adair, Taylor, Union, Ringgold & Adams Counties):
• Establishes continuing, comprehensive and cooperative region-wide planning within the five-county area, which includes the development of planning documents and ongoing planning activities of a technical nature in support of regional transportation issues and priorities.
• Establishes the products, purposes, and general methods to be employed in the conduct of specific transportation planning work elements.
• Provides opportunities for public input and comments.
The ATURA Transportation Planning Affiliation (RPA 14) is a five-county (Adair, Taylor, Union, Ringgold and Adams Counties in Iowa) transportation planning affiliation that was organized in 1994. RPA 14/ATURA coordinates planning and programming efforts, public input, and fosters partnerships with state and local officials, Federal Highway Administration, Federal Transit Administration, neighboring RPAs and Southern Iowa Trolley.
RPA 14 receives federal funds to develop regional transportation plans and programs and to coordinate technical and policy studies on a wide range of transportation issues. RPA 14 works in cooperation with the Iowa Department of Transportation (IDOT), local governments and transit providers. Southern Iowa Council of Governments (SICOG) provides administration of RPA 14/ATURA. SICOG works with the RPA 14/ATURA Policy Board and Transportation Technical Committee to fulfill the transportation planning and program requirements of federal legislation. Area citizens are provided the opportunity to comment on all aspects of the transportation planning process through RPA 14/ATURA Policy Board meetings, public hearings, individual correspondence and planning meetings. This administration includes the following transportation planning activities:
• Direct and oversee activities of RPA 14/ATURA
• Prepare all required planning documents
• Act as liaison between Department of Transportation and RPA 14/ATURA
• Perform accounting functions
• Administer Transportation Planning Work Program
• Perform clerical and record keeping duties
• Assure opportunities for public participation in RPA 14/ATURA
• Prepare agendas for meetings and provide notification to interested parties
• Assist counties and cities in the region with transportation related activities
• Distribute information relative to transportation issues, meetings, and programs
• Coordinate transit and human service transportation planning
RPA 14/ATURA Transportation Planning Affiliation
101 East Montgomery Street
Creston, IA 50801-2406
641.782.8491 641.782.8492 fax
PUBLIC MEETING INFORMATION
DOCUMENTS AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC REVIEW & COMMENT
Title VI Statement: SICOG & RPA 14/ATURA are committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation, denied benefits, or otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity, on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability.
Accommodations for Persons with Disabilities